“i’m not racist but…”
…and that’s the cue for your mum to bring me into the room and drop the bombshell that i’m your new stepdad.
Hi there. I'm Nyla.
I play ukulele and work in a comic book shop. I also study philosophy and theology.
I am a busy bee indeed but you should still be friends with me.
I picked up some comics yesterday.
1. Regular Show #1: All about most pit etiquette. I shit you not. Brilliant.
2. Polarity #1: Felt like “Admit it!” in comic form until it started to delve deeper into the main character’s situation. It moved away from pretentious, shallow hipsters and their bullshit at the right moment and I hope it keeps the momentum. I am very excited to see where this is going.
4. Dream Merchant #1: Lovely art, interesting characters but I am not 100% sure I want to keep up with it. I enjoy what it’s doing though and the atmosphere is top notch.
5. Aquaman (the new 52) tbp vol 1: “AQUAMAN IS NO ONE’S FAVOURITE SUPERHERO”. I am so glad they’re dealing with Aquaman with a sense of humour. The comedy timing was great. Aquaman is a reasonably camp character in many respects but that doesn’t mean he can’t kick ass. Also Mera is a bad ass. I love Mera. Volume 2 here I come.
6. Animal Man (the new 52) tbp vol 1: Jeff Lemire can do no wrong. He knows exactly how to evoke emotional responses to characters that just bleed humanity . He is the master of delicate interactions and tender moments and I am pretty sure he’s going to make me cry again. Despite his frequent depiction of the more fragile side of male characters he still manages to pull off great action and knows how to show both sides of a coin. He is a master of balance. Definitely carrying on with it.
I AM GOING TO DELETE THIS IN LIKE 2 MINUTES BUT ANSWER HONESTLY WOULD MY VOICE SUIT ANY OTHER STYLE OF MUSIC OTHER THAN STRIPPED BACK UKULELE NONSENSE THAT I ALREADY PLAY?
Last night I pulled up a band for not crediting an artist they covered and this morning I got a message from the member I spoke to apologising and once again reiterating that it was an oversight caused by technical difficulties.
I ballsed up and called someone out at a gig over something that made me mad.
+5 points for me
I’ll provide bass and tears.
Someone make an emo band with me called Aquaman.